Hard Truth Distilling Co. Presents: Whiskey Chaser Running Festival 2021
Brave tough trails through 325 acres of native forest on the Hard Truth campus in Brown County, Indiana!
Then, join us on the Back 40 to enjoy live music, bonfires, and refuel with Quaff ON! brews and Hard Truth spirits.
The Whiskey Chaser Running Festival features three extreme trail races — 5 and 10K solo runs, plus a four-person team 20K relay — through the hills of Brown County.
Participants in this 100% trail event will tour the Hard Truth grounds the rugged way and can finish up with a “shot mile” — for each of the three, .33-mile trips around Hard Truth Lake, runners will do a shot of Hard Truth Cinnamon Vodka.
Participants should expect to meet some hard truths throughout the race — you’ll be facing several steep hills, creek crossings, and all of the other fun things that come with getting out into nature.
- Date: Saturday, June 19, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Check in and packet pick up:
Friday, June 18, 6-8 p.m., at the Hard Truth Distilling Co. campus | Saturday, June 19, 7-8:30 a.m.
- The 20K Relay will start at 8 a.m. Other race starts will be determined by number of participants and COVID safety regulations. All races will begin by 10 a.m.
- Festival location: The Back 40 festival grounds at Hard Truth Distilling Co.
- All runners for the 5, 10, and 20K races must be 12 or older. Shot mile runners must be 21 or older.
- Early-bird registration, through Thursday, April 1:
5K, $35 | 10K, $40 | 20K Relay, $100 per four-person team
- Standard registration & day of the race, Friday, April 2, through Wednesday, June 16 and Saturday, June 19th:
5K, $40 | 10K, $45 | 20K Relay, $115 per four-person team
- Shot mile only, $25; add on to another race, $10
- Race registration includes: race entry, Hard Truth rocks glass, after-party entry, and one drink ticket per runner.
- Drink tickets are redeemable only in festival area on the day of the event, and can be redeemed for soda, juice, or a select alcoholic beverage (21+ only) of ticketholder’s choice.
(The Hard Truth Tours & Tastings Center, on-site restaurant, and terrace bar are unable to accept drink tickets.)
- Complimentary bottled water, granola bars, and bananas will be available to runners. Additional beverages will be available for purchase at the after-party. With each Quaff ON! or Hard Truth product drink purchase, guests will receive an entry ticket for door prize drawings.
- Awards for overall top male and female in 5K and 10K races; award for overall 20K team.
- Non-runner festival grounds entry, $10
- This event is rain or shine. No refunds will be issued due to weather or individual personal circumstances. If the festival is postponed or rescheduled, registrations will automatically be transferred to the new date. Guests who cannot attend a rescheduled event must request a refund no later than 30 days prior to the new event date.
If the festival is canceled, registration fees will automatically be refunded.