Hard Truth Distilling Co. Presents: Whiskey Chaser Running Festival 2021
Brave tough trails through 325 acres of native forest on the Hard Truth campus in Brown County, Indiana!
Then, join us on the Back 40 to enjoy live music, bonfires, and refuel with Quaff ON! brews and Hard Truth spirits.
The Whiskey Chaser Running Festival features three extreme trail races — 5 and 10K solo runs, plus a four-person team 20K relay — through the hills of Brown County.
Participants in this 100% trail event will tour the Hard Truth grounds the rugged way and can finish up with a “shot mile” — for each of the three, .33-mile trips around Hard Truth Lake, runners will do a shot of Hard Truth Cinnamon Vodka.
Participants should expect to meet some hard truths throughout the race — you’ll be facing several steep hills, creek crossings, and all of the other fun things that come with getting out into nature.
- Date: Saturday, June 19, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Check in and packet pick up:
Friday, June 18, 6-8 p.m., at the Hard Truth Distilling Co. campus | Saturday, June 19, 7-8 a.m.
- The 20K Relay will start at 8 a.m. Other race starts will be determined by number of participants and COVID safety regulations. All races will begin by 10 a.m.
- Festival location: The Back 40 festival grounds at Hard Truth Distilling Co.
- All runners for the 5, 10, and 20K races must be 12 or older. Shot mile runners must be 21 or older.
- Early-bird registration, through Thursday, April 1:
5K, $35 | 10K, $40 | 20K Relay, $100 per four-person team
- Standard registration, Friday, April 2, through Wednesday, June 16:
5K, $40 | 10K, $45 | 20K Relay, $115 per four-person team
- Shot mile only, $25; add on to another race, $10
- Race registration includes: race entry, Hard Truth rocks glass, after-party entry, and one drink ticket per runner.
- Drink tickets are redeemable only in festival area on the day of the event, and can be redeemed for soda, juice, or a select alcoholic beverage (21+ only) of ticketholder’s choice.
(The Hard Truth Tours & Tastings Center, on-site restaurant, and terrace bar are unable to accept drink tickets.)
- Complimentary bottled water, granola bars, and bananas will be available to runners. Additional food and beverages will be available for purchase at the after-party. With each Quaff ON! or Hard Truth product drink purchase, guests will receive an entry ticket for door prize drawings.
- Awards for overall top male and female in 5K and 10K races; award for overall 20K team.
- Non-runner festival grounds entry, $10
- This event is rain or shine. No refunds will be issued due to weather or individual personal circumstances. If the festival is postponed or rescheduled, registrations will automatically be transferred to the new date. Guests who cannot attend a rescheduled event must request a refund no later than 30 days prior to the new event date.
If the festival is canceled, registration fees will automatically be refunded.
To ensure this and other events are safe and comfortable for everyone to attend, Hard Truth site staff are continually developing and adapting on-site health and safety protocols, which will continue to evolve as public health authorities issue new and updated guidelines.
Read below for our current list of COVID-related safety measures for this event:
- Face masks are required while waiting in line and on the festival site when social distancing is not possible. This includes checking in, in the race corral, during results/awards, etc.
- In the corral, participants will line up six feet apart for a staggered start.
- All goody bags and finisher medals will be handed out during check-in and packet pickup.
- Bottled water will be provided to runners before and after the race. Runners can carry provided or personal water bottles with them. Trash and recycling bins will be available on site for disposable water bottles, and guests are asked to be diligent in disposing of their own waste to limit others’ contact with such items.
- Hand sanitizer will be readily available on the festival grounds.